сряда, 9 май 2012 г.

What make me proud with my society today?



What does it really mean? If you check the dictionary you will find that to be proud means to feel satisfied over something you or someone in your family did. Should we be proud with the society we live in? Should we be proud that we are Bulgarians?
This is a very common question, which rarely receives an answer. I am not proud, I am not proud that we live in a society filled with corruption and absent justice system. I am not proud that we live in such a world overcrowded with villains untouched by the low just because they have friends in the right places, or just because they have a fortune, which gets them immunity.
I am not proud that Bulgaria can not be integrated in Europe and that there are always different lows for Bulgaria. We have a lot to show and to give to the world, we have the right for the world to know something about us and we have the right to be equal with other countries. We have earned the right to be an independent country by many wars and rebellions. We have had a lot of downfalls; however we have also had a lot of hegemonies. But isn’t this life: a never-ending fight.
I am proud of the Bulgarians that have pruned themselves to the world. The people that have shown that can do things even better. Jordan Jovtchev is the most famous Bulgarian gymnast. In his career he has won four Olympic medals: one-silver and three-bronze. Twice is a double World Champion for rings of land and the World Championships in Ghent and Anaheim in 2001 and 2003, and double World champion in Debrecen in 2002. Ekaterina Dafovska is the greatest Bulgarian biathlonist. She has a gold medal from the Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan a gold medal from the European championship, and two Bronze medals from the World Championship.
 I am proud that I am a human and with my humanity, I am proud that I know what I want for my life and that I am fighting for it. However can every person be proud of themselves? Some people are proud of their external beauty like long legs or big muscles. Others are proud with their intellect and there is a third group of people which are proud of their origin. When I think about what I should be proud of, I remember all the people that have made me who I am and that have made me proud of the things I do!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар